In the House of Dogs, Diary of the Memory Keeper and My Love Life


"In the House of Dogs" is a book on living inside Nigeria. Along with "Diary of the Memory Keeper", the books are based on true realities of life in the dysfunctional society of the most populous country in Africa.



I have had the most daring romantic experiences, including befriending the most powerful woman in Nigeria during the military regimes of Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babaginda and Gen. Sani Abacha who told us at the public presentation of "The General's Wife" at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs (NIIA) in 1991 that this beautiful biracial author of the novel as the wife of their Commandant in the 1970s to early 80s sent them on errands. Her husband, a retired General threatened to shoot me after beating her so badly that she ended up on admission in the popular EKO Hospital in Ikeja, Lagos. After visiting her in the hospital and later even dared to go into their bedroom to see her when her husband was not around.
"General will throw you over the balcony if he catches you inside the bedroom with me!" Kiki said and smiled. I smirked fearlessly.
Later, on another visit to see her, he came out with a rifle, but I sat down calmly talking with his younger sister whilst KiKi was upstairs. I greeted him and he nodded. He had been listening to me discussing with his sister in my original Yoruba language about IFA Divination as my great father of blessed memory taught me. The General was impressed. His false accusations that I was sleeping with his wife ended.
"It is painful to be falsely accused of sleeping with you when I did not dare to do so," I said.
Kiki nodded.
"But I would have enjoyed doing so if you were not married."
Kiki and I were too close and shared naughty jokes on love and sex.
May Ellen Ezekiel (MEE) of blessed memory even suspected us of being lovers and published it in the popular society gossip magazine she was editing then.
Once I did not visit her for weeks and she came looking for me in her Mercedes Benz car.
"If Muhammad does not go to the Mountain, the Mountain will come to Muhammad," she said.


We were just passionate about each other with our love for romance, literature and cerebral conversations about the Nigerian society and the scandals in high places. A very wealthy prince from the Roya Family of the Kano Emirate adored her. She told me what he did for her and doubted if I could do so. Very intimate thing. No. Not sex.

Other romantic encounters with other beautiful women are in my Diary of the Memory Keeper distributed by Amazon, Barnes and Noble and other booksellers.

- Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima,
https://www.amazon.com/author/ekenyerengozimichaelchima

#books
#dogs
#nigeria
#society
#life
#general
#love
#relationship
#friendship
#friends
#sex
#yoruba
#military
#babaginda
#abacha
#kiki
#novel
#bedroom
#hospital
#amazon
#memoir

#diary
#michael
#chima

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MARIA CAREY: THE LATEST INTERVIEW ON HER NEW CD

Linda Ikeji: The Bold And Beautiful Trend Setter In Nigeria

D FOR DAKOVA